NYC this weekend! Some of my best friends will also be visiting, so we could do absolutely nothing and still have the best time, but just in case…
- Order a cotton candy bubble tea float at ViVi Bubble Tea. This is at the top of my list because I’d really wanted to go last month, but the LES location was a bit inconvenient. Also wouldn’t mind going for round two of rolled ice cream.
- Get drinks at Please Don’t Tell. To find this hidden speakeasy, patrons enter via a vintage phone booth inside a hot dog place. Their cocktails have been voted the best in the world, but I mostly want to go because the idea of covertly stepping into a different world reminds me of so many of my favorite books. And I still haven’t been to a speakeasy, unless you count the Safe House.
- See the Roof Garden Commission at the Met. This summer’s exhibit is a loose replica of the house in Hitchcock’s Psycho! There’s a bar on the roof, as well.
- Choose a Broadway show for Sally. She’s only seen one musical before (The Lion King) and wasn’t too impressed. But she’s finally willing to give it another try, and I’m making it my personal mission to make sure she doesn’t regret it. Currently wanting to see: The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time, The Crucible, Blackbird, Do I Hear a Waltz?, and A Streetcar Named Desire (obvi).
- Win the Hamilton lottery. By now you’ve probably heard how much the record-breaking tickets are going for. Never mind the fact that there are apparently over 10,000 lottery entrants per show…
- Go to Smorgasburg (and Brooklyn in general) for the raindrop cake. It’s so wild! If the line is too absurdly long, the ramen burger would be my second choice.
- Do a moderate amount of shopping, mainly for Lollapalooza festival wear. Also on the hunt for an appropriate shirt for my first Pizza Club meeting next week.
- Stop by CW Pencil Enterprise. Initially, I felt that a store devoted to pencils sounded annoyingly hipster and pretentious. But on second thought, for avid readers and writers… Why not?
- For one last food goal, drop by Dominique Ansel Bakery–not for another Cronut, but for the burrata soft serve and all the other amazing pastries they have.
- A major EDM festival, Electric Daisy Carnival, will also be happening this weekend. Just putting that out there…